South Australian Supercar hero Nick Percat makes his return to The Bend Motorsport Park this weekend and will be joined by Jack Smith who makes his fourth and final wildcard appearance for the 2019 season. Jack, driving the SCT Logistics Supercar is one of two wild card entries here this weekend.
Nick had solid results here last year on Supercars debut to the new SA circuit, qualifying just outside the top ten but charging through to finish 5th in the Sunday race. Nick has been a regular in the top ten in 2019 and will be eager to shine here again in front of his home crowd.
Nick’s Tailem Bend livery reveal is set to come in the following days. Stay tuned to the teams Facebook page for the exciting announcement.
Below are the on-track times for Nick Percat at The Bend SuperSprint event this weekend; local TV times can be found via the link here with coverage on FOX Sports and highlights on free to air TV - https://www.supercars.com/tv-schedule/
Friday 23rd August
10:45-11:15 – Additional Driver Session (Dean Canto)
13:10-13:40 – Practice One
15:40-16:10 – Practice Two
Saturday 24th August
10:00-10:30 – Practice Three
12:35-13:15 – Qualifying (3 x 10-minute sessions - knockout style!)
15:25-16:15 – Race 21 – 120kms/24 Laps
Sunday 25th August
9:00-9:30 – Practice Four
10:50-11:30 – Qualifying (3 x 10-minute sessions - knockout style!)
13:40-15:00 – Race 22 – 200kms/41 Laps
- Qualifying Lap Record – 1m48.6498s, Jamie Whincup, Triple Eight, 2018, Holden ZB Commodore
- Race Lap Record – 1m50.5833s, Jamie Whincup, Triple Eight, 2018, Holden ZB Commodore
- Just two of the 91 ATCC/Supercar Championship races held on South Australian soil have been won by drivers locally born or raised. Russell Ingall (1998, Mallala, Race 2) and our very own Nick Percat (2016 Adelaide 500, Race 3)
- Jamie Whincup is the only driver to have claimed pole position at The Bend.
- Thomas Randle joins the grid this weekend, making his Supercar debut as a wild card. This makes two wild cards on the grid this weekend.
Friday 26th August
11:45-12:00 – Signing Session @ Merchandise Alley
Saturday 24th August
11:20-11:45 – Signing Session @ Freightliner Racing Transporter
13:45-14:00– Signing Session @ Merchandise Alley
Published: 19 August 2019.