The Gold Coast 600 marks the final round of the Pirtek Endurance Cup! This is the third and final event where we will see co-drivers compete in 2018. The street circuit is well-known for its on-track and off-track entertainment, with people coming from all across Australia to enjoy this race by day, party by night event.
Nick Percat and Macauley Jones will be in Freightliner / Alliance Truck Parts colours, similar to what we saw the #8 Supercar run in Darwin earlier this year. Whilst the colour combination will be the same as stable-mate Tim Slade/Ash Walsh the notable differences between the two will be the Alliance Truck Parts on the side, and Daniel Trucking on the bonnet of the #8 Supercar.
All sessions will be LIVE on FOX Sports across the weekend, plus coverage on Channel Ten/One HD. Check your local guides for times.
Friday 19th October
10:40 – 11:10 – Practice One
13:45 – 14:15 – Practice Two (Co-Drivers Only)
17:00 – 17:30 – Practice Three
Saturday 20th October
10:05 – 10:25 – Qualifying
11:25 – 11:50 – Top Ten Shootout
14:25 – 16:50 – Race 26 – 300km/102 Laps
Sunday 21st October
10:20 – 10:40 – Qualifying
11:40 – 12:05 – Top Ten Shootout
14:25 – 16:50 – Race 27 – 300km/102 Laps
- Track Length – 2.96km // Direction – Anti-Clockwise // Fastest Speed – 265km/h // Average Speed – 146km/h
- Fastest Point – Approach to Turn 1 // Slowest Point – Turn 4 & Turn 15
- Qualifying Lap Record – 1m10.0480s, David Reynolds, Rod Nash Racing, 2013
- Race Lap Record – 1m10.0851s, Will Davison, Ford Performance Racing, 2011
- Macauley has competed in six GC600 races; his best result was a top ten finish with Nick last year in Sunday’s race
- Since the Gold Coast became a part of the Supercars championship in 2002 the Safety Car has appeared in 31 of the 36 races held in that time
- The Gold Coast streets first hosted a motorsport event in 1991 with the arrival of IndyCar racing, which continued to visit Queensland through to 2008 inclusive.
- BJR competed in AUSCAR at the first Gold Coast event in 1991. Brad managing to collect a race win along the way!
- No Gold Coast race, championship or non-championship has ever had a 100 percent finishing rate.
MEET NICK & MACAULEY –
Thursday 18th October
17:30 - 18:15 – Surfers Paradise Beach, End of Cavill Ave
Published: 15 October 2018.