Inspired by some of the world’s most iconic race circuits, The Bend Motorsport Park is Australia’s only circuit to comply with the latest FIA Grade 2 and FIM Category A standards. At 7.77 kilometres in its maximum configuration, The Bend combines technical corners, fast flowing sections and an aggregate rise and fall of 85 metres to ensure exciting racing and an enjoyable drive.
The track design is unique in offering 8 circuit configurations constructed with all forms of motorsport in mind. The inaugural Virgin Australia Supercars Championship round at The Bend will be held on the 4.945km International Circuit.
All sessions will be LIVE on FOX Sports across the weekend with a highlights package on Channel Ten/One HD. Check your local guides for times.
Friday 24th August
10:45 – 11:30 – Practice One
15:05 – 15:50 – Practice Two
Saturday 25th August
10:35 – 11:20 – Practice Three
13:20 – 13:35 – Qualifying
16:20 – 17:15 – Race 22 – 120kms / 24 Laps
Sunday 26th August
10:55 – 11:15 – Qualifying
13:40 – 15:05 – Race 23 – 200kms / 41 Laps
- Track Length – 4.945km // Direction – Clockwise // Fastest Speed – 270km/h // Average Speed – 162km/h
- This is the 1st ever round at Tailem Bend, and 536th round in championship history
- It has been 41 years since South Australia has hosted two rounds of the championship in the one season
- 11 drivers have finished every one of the 21 races held so far this season
- Team Boss Brad Jones drove in the legendary Mobil colours – in a Mobil-backed Sierra for Peter Brock’s team in 1989 and he finished second at Bathurst in 1994 with the Mobil-backed Holden Racing Team.
- Exactly half of the drivers in the full-time field have finished on the podium at some stage this season
- The Bend Motorsport Park becomes the fourth venue in South Australia to host a round of the ATCC/Supercars Championship. It joins Mallala, Adelaide International Raceway and Adelaide street circuit on the list.
- Nick’s Pirtek Endurance Cup co-driver Macauley Jones makes his second wild card appearance for the season here this weekend.
MEET NICK –
Saturday 25th August
2:10pm – 2:40pm @ Team Garages
Published: 21 August 2018.