Nick Percat achieved his first BJR podium at Darwin’s Hidden Valley circuit last year. Calling it one of his most memorable visits to the podium, Nick is eager to return to the circuit where he knows the team have a strong track record. Between Nick, team-mate Tim Slade and previous team driver Fabian Coulthard, they have visited the podium the last 4 years in a row and are keen to make it 5.
Macauley Jones will be an additional entry for the Brad Jones Racing squad this weekend. Lining up in the #4 DrillPro Racing Commodore, Macauley is the only wild card entry at Darwin and the first wild card entry we’ve seen in 2018. Macauley made his Hidden Valley debut last year, so he goes into this event looking forward to his second attempt to tackle the circuit.
Still, no driver has claimed the Darwin Triple Crown – winning the Top Ten Shootout and two races. Will someone finally achieve that feat this weekend…? Stay tuned to find out! All sessions will be LIVE on FOX Sports across the weekend, with highlights packages on Channel Ten/One HD. Check your local guides for times.
Friday 15th June
12:00 - 12:45 – Practice One
15:10 - 15:55 – Practice Two
Saturday 16th June
10:50 - 11:35 – Practice Three
13:05 - 13:20 – Qualifying
16:15 - 17:15 – Race 15 – 120kms/42 Laps
Sunday 17th June
9:25 - 9:45 – Qualifying
10:45 - 11:15 – Top Ten Shootout
13:30 - 15:05 – Race 16 – 200kms/70 Laps
- Track Length – 2.9km // Direction – Anti-Clockwise // Fastest Speed – 275km/h // Average Speed – 150km/h
- Qualifying Lap Record – 1m05.6806s, Scott McLaughlin, DJR Team Penske, 2017, Ford Falcon FGX
- Race Lap Record – 1m06.6747s, Scott McLaughlin, DJR Team Penske, 2017, Ford Falcon FGX
- 4 is the number that Macauley Jones will run as the wild card entry at this year’s Darwin event. 4 is also the amount of pole sitters so far in this year’s championship, with 7 different drivers qualifying on the front row of the grid at some stage.
- 15 of the 26 drivers have finished all 14 races so far in this year’s championship.
- The pole sitter has won just six of the last 23 races in Darwin
- No driver has ever won a Hidden Valley starting 7th on the grid. The only other position in the top 10 that a driver has not won from is 9th.
- Macauley is driving Tim Slade’s VF Commodore chassis (BJR007 – Giacinta) from the 16/17 season which has been upgraded to ZB Commodore specs – Macauley’s first race in a ZB.
- Macauley will be teaming up again with Nick Percat for the Pirtek Endurance Cup later this year
- Nick qualified in the top ten for both races here last year and scored his first Supercars Darwin podium in Saturday’s race, which was also his first with BJR!
MEET NICK & MACAULEY
Thursday 14th June
11:30-12:30 – Supercars Autograph Session @ Raintree Park, Smith Street
17:45-18:45 – Supercars Autograph Session @ Mindil Beach (Macauley only)
Saturday 16th June
8:55 – 9:25 – Super Track Walk, Starting Grid
Published: 12 June 2018.